Posted: August 12, 2021Categories: Blog
Finding the right replacement bulbs for your fly traps are often not as easy as it seems to be. What watts of bulbs do you need? What length of bulbs fit in your light traps? What’s the diameter of bulbs?
Bearing those questions in mind, let’s take Quantum bulbs (The premium UVA bulbs in the market) as an example to dissect the etching on the bulb to guide you to the right bulbs.
Be sure to measure the bulb from pins to pins for the correct length.
Shatter resistant coating is a protective sleeve coated on the standard bulbs, which will contain broken glass inside in case of the breakage. It’s designed for food sensitive areas to avoid glass contamination. This sleeve is transparent. How to distinguish a standard bulb from shatter resistant bulbs? Looking for the d
Fly lights work because science demonstrates that flying insects are strongly attracted to ultraviolet light.
To place light traps, follow 5 easy steps.
- • Place light traps away from daylight and light fixtures
- • Place light traps near flying insect access areas by flanking exterior doors and windows
- • Place light traps to maintain line of sight; if you can’t see a light trap, neither can flying insects (light trap height doesn’t matter)
- • Place light traps at least 10 feet away from exposed food or preparation surfaces, which attracts flying insects away from sensitive areas
- • Place light traps where they can be safely accessed for servicing
Need any help on placing fly lights at your location?